Tuesday, July 10, 2012

hope's what we crave


when we are in the midst of something completely terrible, we always seem to crave a little bit of hope. something to cling to and give us a reason to keep going on. because in that time we can't see a purpose anymore. six months ago, i was in deep search for a reason to go on living my life. i missed my best friend. i felt like a failure in school and dance. i believed i was ugly and not worth loving. i was insecure. i was always dwelling on the past. i worried about where my country was headed. i didn't know what i had to live for. i found myself worrying i would end up a messed up adult when i grew up.

these days, Jesus has showed me what to hope for: a future, my future. a future with new relationships. a future where i reach for all my dreams. a future where i can finally see the beauty God put in me. a future where i can believe myself to be worth loving and saving. and i am so much happier these days.

i go through my rough spots, still. where all i want is some hope.

hope is what we crave. 
and that will never change. 
so i stand and wait.
i need a drop of grace to carry me today.
a simple song to save.
it's written on my soul:
hope's what we crave.

for king and country // crave


i know what it's like to be in such despair that you could care less about tomorrow and what it will bring. but i will tell you this. YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT WILL SPARK YOU TO BELIEVE, TO SEE. and Jesus can show you that. i know from experience. trust me, i've been there. a hundred times over and over again until finally i found the spark. through Jesus. through His Grace. and now i am happy. i found my purpose and can see clearly now everything he has planned for me.

"for i know the plans i have for you," declares the Lord. "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a HOPE and a FUTURE." - jeremiah 29:11

so what i'm trying to say is we all crave hope. and that will never change. so let Jesus change you, beautiful. and i believe that ultimately, we all crave Jesus, who is hope. i choose to put my hope in Him. i pray you will choose to do the same. then i guarantee he will give you a future, too.

with hugs and kisses,
hannah

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love this post! It's so true, and a great reminder.
Kristin @ the-greatperhaps.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...