Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Feathers 2012 // Set Your Soul Free

These last few weeks, Jesus has been asking me the question frequently, "How can you continue to grow Genuine? What can you do as the next step?"

So I prayed about it. I considered many different ideas as possible steps forward and Jesus gave me the inspiration to start project Feathers.



November 11th-17th of this year, Genuine's blog floor is going to be opened up to the world. And I will ask you this question:

How has Jesus set you free? 

What I mean is, how has He taken your struggles and turned them into something that has changed you for the better? I know He took my losing a friend and turned it into learning to see the beauty in me, without looking to people to tell me that I am. He took a serious, dead, cold, perfectionist's heart and turned it into a loose and wild and free one... and still is. He gave me a hope and He gave me a future. Every day, growing me. So I am still in the process of healing. Maybe you are, too. You don't have to be completely set free yet. It's okay not to be okay.

What does this look like for you?
And will you share that beautiful story with us?

Will you be brave? 
Will you step off your branch? 
Will you join me in healing? 

Contributors will be asked to send in their story via email ( *deadline Nov. 7th* ). One story will be posted per day, so I will not be taking more than seven stories. Maybe next year, depending on this year's turnout, I will do more :) If you decide to join in on this experience and want your story to remain anonymous, that is totally fine. I will completely respect that.

My prayer is that Jesus is calling you to do this. And if so, I'm not asking for something long and poetic and perfect. Because people aren't perfect, and that's what I am trying to get across here with Genuine. It's about not being perfect, but it's about being real.

And that's really the only thing that matters.

choosing joy,
hannah

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...